Propane Blues

     The tongue of most campers affords a place that can be utilized in a number of ways. Some folks mount a permanent storage box, others use it to install an AC unit for warmer months. Ours came with a rack for a full sized propane tank. At least that's what I thought originally when we first got it. But as I tried to piece it all together, nothing was working out or lining up.

    I couldn't figure out how to make the bracket hold the tank in place securely. So I reached out to the Apache Canvas Trailer facebook group and sent in the above pic, asking what I was missing. Within a few hours I had my answer. My rack isn't meant to hold a propane tank.

    It's meant to hold two propane tanks! I hadn't thought of traveling with two, but now that I'm forced to, I figure why not? Now we'll always have a backup. And since we're shlepping them across the country, I figured we may as well give them a custom buffalo stencil paint job. Of course, once I did that, the trailer tongue looked sad and neglected, so I gave that a fresh paint job as well.


    Now, wherever we go, we'll be arriving in style.

Comments